- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach and Swiss chard
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 3 cups whole grain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup A1 or steak sauce
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Rays original barbeque sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- Thoroughly wash all of your fresh vegetables.
- Rough chop the carrots and onions down to 1-2 inch size pieces.
- Use your food processor to dice them down. (If you have a Vitamix or BlendTec blender, it will only take about 30 seconds and this meatloaf will come together quickly!
- Combine the vegetable mix with both meats in one large bowl.
- Chop down the bread and pulse into crumbs, again you can use a food processor or a blender.
- Add to the combined meat and veggie mix. The liquids from the vegetables will make this a bit wetter then you might be used to-that is alright. You’ll want that for the first part of cooking before the fats from the meat start to come out in the slow cooker.
- Press into your slow cooker so it is the same height then prick with a fork across the entire top. That will allow the flavors of the sauces to really infuse themselves into the meatloaf.
- Pour the worcestershire, A1 and barbeque sauce across the top, quick combine with the fork. Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours.