- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- Printable (best printed on white card stock)
- 1 quart Mason jar w/lid
- Optional: Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter
- Use scissors to cut out printable tags (preferably on white cardstock).
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except for the brown sugar. Use a whisk to combine.
- In a 1 quart mason jar, pour in half of the flour mixture. Use a ¼ measuring cup to pack the mixture. The full content of the ingredients will not fit in the jar if it is not packed well.
- Next, add half of the brown sugar and again – use a ¼ measuring cup to pack the mixture.
- Pour in the remainder of the flour mixture, pack, and then add the remaining half of the brown sugar. Pack again before adding a lid screwed on tightly.
- Use double-sided tape to attach the printable tag to the outside of the jar, or punch a hole through the tag and thread through a ribbon in order to attach it to the jar.
- Add a gingerbread cookie cutter to the jar as well (secured with ribbon) if desired.