Make your own DIY Liquid Soap for a natural soap with ingredients you trust.
- 1 bar of soap (about 4 ounces)-I used Yardley, but any kind would work except Dove sensitive (which ironically is what we usually use)
- 1 Tablespoon glycerin
- 8 cups water
- Grate the bar of soap using a cheese grater.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add grated soap
- Mix and stir until soap has melted.
- Add 1 tablespoon glycerin.
- At this point, you can also add any natural scented oil essence if you like.
- Let sit 10-12 hours, stirring every few hours.
- The soap will gel and become thick, just keep stirring. After mixture has cooled, add about 2-4 more cups of water until soap is the consistency you like.
- Pour soap (I use a funnel) into a large container for storing. Once it is in the jug, shake vigorously. Then, you’re ready to pour into soap dispensers.