- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage, removed from casing and crumbled into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of your favorite diced or chopped veggies
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup 1% milk
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F.
- Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray or use muffin tin liners (foil lined work best).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan.
- Add veggies and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer veggies to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
- Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.