- Box of pasta (your choice – we like ziti, penne or rotini)
- 2 jars of spaghetti sauce (28 oz)
- 2 cups, shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage
- 1 tsp fresh, chopped basil
- 1 tsp fresh,chopped oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh, chopped rosemary (herbs are to taste)
- Remove sausage casing and saute the sausage until it is golden brown, crumbling it as you go. Set sausage aside.
- Add 2 jars of sauce and fresh herbs to the sausage.
- Reduce heat to medium- low and let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes.
- In separate pan, prepare pasta per package instructions.
- Once prepared, add sauce and sausage mixing thoroughly.
- Spoon 1/2 mixture into baking dish.
- Layer 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon remaining mixture into dish.
- Top with remaining mozzarella & parmesan cheeses.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover & finish baking for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.