- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork.
- Add in the milk, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture – don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Cool for 20 minutes and then it’s ready to serve.