If you are thinking about buying a new car, you will want to know about this new service, recently launched in the Seattle / Puget Sound area. Its called Tred, and they bring cars directly to your front door to test drive and will even take care of the price negotiation for you so you can avoid the back and forth of price negotiations at a dealership – if you dislike that part of car buying as much as I do!
Here are some of the highlights of the services Tred offers:
- Never have to visit a dealership again for a test-drive. You can do a test-drive on your own terms and turf.
- Tred will bring you two competing brands delivered to your home for a test drive (Toyota vs. Honda? No problem)(up to 4 cars delivered to your home).
- No haggling with sales over pricing because Tred removes pricing negotiations and cuts purchasing time in half, all while guaranteeing rock bottom pricing.
- Tred is dealer and brand independent. They are all about meeting the buyer’s needs vs. any dealership or brand. Every car is delivered by a non-commissioned Tred Auto Expert who is there to service you, not sell you. Tred Auto Experts can answer any question, about any car. They have partnered with the dealers to deliver the cars, but they are completely agnostic to any dealer or brand.
- Hassle Free. Dealerships will not follow up or pursue you if you don’t buy or like the car (and neither will Tred – your choice, thats it!).
Here is a short video explaining more about how Tred works:
There is a cost associated with the service, but it sounds more than fair, based on the time and headache savings you will get from the service. It is $19 per car delivered (and there is a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with service). Tred is currently offering this service to those who have a King County address. They plan to expand soon, so if you are interested and live in another area, you sign up on the Tred waiting list here, to let them know about your interest. Plus check out the Tred FAQ page for many more details on how the service works.
Tred has recently kicked off a contest to win free gas for a year too! Thats $1200 in FREE gas. All you have to do is to participate by sharing a photo with their hashtags. More details on the free gas giveaway here.
Recent media mentions of Treds car delivery service in the Seattle area includes:
The Seattle Times – Seattle startup Tred delivers car test drives
All Things Digital – Tred Brings Home Test Drives to Car Shopping , With Backing From Investors
And now the details for how to enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card…
Giveaway – $50 Amazon Gift Card
In addition to the Free Gas for a Year giveaway we mentioned above, Tred wants to give one Thrifty NW Mom reader a $50 Amazon Gift Card, just to say thank you for taking the time to check their website out and learn more about them!
This giveaway will end on Friday at 9pm pst.
The winners will be drawn using “And the Winner Is” plugin and announced on the blog. I will also email the winners. The winners will have 48 hours to contact me, otherwise a new winner will be drawn. US residents only & you must be 18 yrs or older to enter the giveaway. This giveaway is not affiliated with Facebook in any way.
Here’s how to enter this giveaway::
1st Entry (required entry): Comment below and let us know if you would use Tred, and why or why not?
Extra Entries : (make sure these are all separate comments, with a comment for each entry)
2) Subscribe to Thrifty NW Mom’s free email updates (daily, weekly or monthly emails – must be verified)
3) Leave a comment here saying you “like” the Tred Facebook page.
Disclosure: Tred has sponsored this giveaway. Tred is also providing the Amazon gift card that will be given to a Thrifty NW Mom winner randomly chosen. All opinions are 100% mine. See our disclosure policy for more details.