Sniqueaway has the Sunriver Resort on sale right now, with rooms starting at $139 nt (reg. close to $200 a night). We love this resort for a Winter or Summer getaway. Its set on a river, with golf courses surrounding, and has just about everything you need in walking distance (via nicely laid out trails). Mt. Bachelor is a short drive away (shuttle available from resort) which is gorgeous)! It is located in Central Oregon, so can be a drive, but its a great getaway.
We went in March a couple of years ago, and it was still snowy, the weather is a little unpredictable that time of the year but we got full blown snow that year and we loved it! It is a great Winter getaway, if you like snow.
We were not able to afford to stay at the Sunriver Resort but we walked up there a couple of days and enjoyed the hotel. Its a nice hotel, set right on the river and golf courses with a lodge like feel.
Sunriver itself is a beautiful little resort community with lots of golfing, biking trails, outdoor activities more. There is a little village in walking or biking distance from resort. It includes restaurants, an ice rink for the kids, old fashion Ice cream and candy stores and more. The resort has two swimming pools, one with a slide (its outdoor though so will not be open in the winter), and a kids club. It would also be a great romantic getaway for a couple. It was about a 5.5 hour drive from Seattle so you may want to consider making it more then a one night trip if you live in this area. There are museums, tons of outdoor activities, day trips and lots of relaxation to be had at Sunrivers. We love it there.
- Meadows at the Lodge, Owl’s Nest, The Grille and McDivot’s Café
- Located near the Cascade Mountains
- Originally a WWII training facility
- Winter activities including skiing, sledding, snowshoeing, dog sledding and sleigh rides (seasonal)
- Shuttle to Mt. Bachelor available
- Sunriver Aquatic Facility, North Pool and Lodge Pool
- Waterslide and children’s pool
- Outdoor hot tub
- 7 tennis courts (3 indoor, 4 outdoor)
- Sunriver Nature Center & Observatory
- 4 Sunriver golf courses (seasonal)
- Marina (seasonal)
- Sunriver Stables (seasonal)
- Sunriver Bike Barn and 35 miles of on-site bike paths (seasonal)
- Sage Springs Club and Spa
- Sage Springs fitness center with fitness classes available
- Wireless Internet access included
- Intra-resort transportation included
- Activities for families and children, including Ft. Funnigan
- Eco-friendly products and practices
- Pet friendly
- Concierge services