The Puyallup Spring Fair starts April 19th and runs through April 22nd. Its a one week fair, similar to the regular fair, only scaled back a little. To be honest my family prefers the Spring Fair. With young kids especially, its a great alternative. There is still plenty to do and explore, but the crowds are somewhat smaller (at least they have been in past years) and so we are able to enjoy the fair at a pace that is more comfortable to us.
This year there are MANY free things available for the kids to enjoy (the whole family too). Here are a list of some of the best freebies you can expect to find at this years Spring Fair:
- FREE Parking at the Spring Fair! (I love this one, as it makes it convenient to get there)
- FREE KidZone (including Free Face Painting for Kids 12 and under). You can view the activity schedule for Kid Zone here.
- Fiesta American. This is another one of our favorites. Last year DORA was here (not sure if she will be there this year, no info on her). They also have dancing horses, music, food and more.
- Free Entertainment! There are many free entertainment options including Pig Races, a JR. Rodeo, a choir festival and more!
One of the free entertainment options is called Kids Pretend. This is a small stage over near Kiddyland. There is a tent set up with plenty of dress up costumes, and a small set. My kids did this last year and it was a great break time. My husband and I were able to sit in a covered area while the kids played, and played. They then got to put on a small show for us, and it was one of the highlights of our trip. When we visited this area was not crowded at all (which was part of what was so nice about it). That may be different this year, but its still a great stop for those with young children.
There are also many opportunities to save on admission to this years (2012) Spring Fair:
- Kids 5 and Under are always FREE
BECU Kids Free Day:
Kids (0-18) get in FREE on opening day – Thursday April 19th from 2pm – 10pm. They recommend that you bring a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Puyallup Food Bank.
Military Appreciation Day – Friday April 20th:
Military members gate admission is FREE to all active, retired and reserve military and their dependents, plus disabled veterans with a valid military ID at any Fair gate on Friday, April 20.
Fred Meyer or Safeway or Online for discount prices (buy tickets ahead of time):
- Adult tickets are $7.50
- Student Tickets are $5.50