1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter (room temp)
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs (room temp)
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (sifted)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cups buttermilk
2 tbsp lemon zest (tightly packed)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup unsalted sweet cream butter (room temp)
3/4 cups granulated sugar
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 10″ bundt pan.
- In a large bowl cream, the butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating each egg directly after it was added.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a second bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into the egg mixture a few spoonfuls at a time alternating with buttermilk.
- Begin and end with dry ingredients. Stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan.
- Bake on middle rack at 325 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 5 minutes. Check at 1-hour marker.
- Doneness check: when the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately after removing the cake from the oven start working on the glaze.
- Begin to make the glaze by adding the ingredients to a small pan heating over medium-low heat.
- Stirring often until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Let cake cool completely before removing.
- Invert onto a cake stand.
- Poke holes in the top of the cake.
- Gradually begin to pour the glaze on the top of the cake.
- Just prior to serving add fresh whipping cream dollops and lemon slices as garnish.