Free Kids Bike Helmets at Local YMCA’s
Saturday April 29, 2017, is Healthy Kids Days at YMCA locations across the nation and it’s a day to focus on improving the health and well being of kids. I know that our local YMCA is having a ton of activities on that date and I’m sure YMCA’s all around the country are having fun activities you can take part in all day.
In the Puget Sound area, Kaiser Permanente (which recently acquired Group Health) is working with Team Thrive (a professional women’s cycling team) to fit kids with free bicycle helmets on Saturday April 29th. Their goal is to give away 10,000 helmets at this event & others this spring. That’s a lot of helmets!
It is important to replace helmets every three to five years. If there has been a crash with the helmet, then it needs to be replaced immediately. You’ll also need to replace helmets as kids grow, obviously. :) So, this is an awesome time to get a FREE helmet for your kids to wear AND make sure it is fitted correctly by having professionals fit your child for his/her helmet.
Here are the Puget Sound locations that are participating:
- Auburn Valley YMCA – 10am -1pm
- Bellevue YMCA – 10am – 1pm
- Coal Creek YMCA (Newcastle) – 10am – 1pm
- Dale Turner YMCA (Shoreline) – 10am -1pm
- Northshore YMCA (Bothell) – 10am – 1pm
- Matt Griffin YMCA ( Sea-Tac) – 10am – 1pm
- Meredith Matthews/East Matthews YMCA (Seattle) – 10am – 1pm
- University Family YMCA (Seattle) – 10am – 1pm
- West Seattle YMCA (Seattle) – 10am – 1pm
- Mill Creek YMCA (Everett) – 10am – 1pm
- Mukilteo YMCA – 10am – 1pm
- Everett YMCA – 10am – 1pm
- Mel Korum YMCA (Puyallup) – 10am – 1pm
- Bremerton YMCA – 10am – 1pm
- Morgan Family YMCA (Tacoma) – 10am – 1pm
- Haselwood YMCA (Silverdale) – 10am – 1pm
Find more family-friendly events that we share every week around the Northwest!