Everything you need to know about MaxPass
Obviously Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth, how could it not be? The food, the rides, the shows, everything is just loaded with magic! Not only is Disneyland one of our favorite places to travel to, but Get Away Today is
our favorite way to book our trips. They have discount Disneyland Tickets and a Best Price Guarantee on their packages, so you know you are getting the best deal. Plus, on the rare chance you find a cheaper price somewhere else, they will beat it. You can even use promo code ThriftyNW to get an additional $10 off your hotel and tickets package.
Disneyland is making it faster, and easier to get on rides with the MaxPass offering now too!
Disneyland is always coming up with new ways to improve the park and enhance your experience. Recently they introduced the MaxPass to the Resort, and it is a game-changer! We’ve gathered everything you need to know about MaxPass to make the most of your trip.
Here are four tips you will need to know to use the new MaxPass at Disneyland:
1. It’s only available when you are inside the parks, so you cannot purchase it before your trip. You will have the opportunity to purchase it through the Disneyland App when you arrive. Unlike normal Fastpasses, the MaxPass is not included in your ticket. The cost is $15/day per person. This price isn’t permanent and we expect it to go up in the future, but there is no word of the price increasing yet. When you purchase MaxPass, you get PhotoPass included. This means you get unlimited downloads of any pictures taken of you that day. The PhotoPass alone is worth the $15 a day, so you are getting an incredible value with the MaxPass.
2. You won’t have to go to a Fastpass kiosk when retrieving your Fastpasses. Everything is done digitally and the moment your next Fastpass is available, you can reserve it – all with your phone! That means if you are in line for a ride, you can get your next Fastpass right there, all with the touch of a button. You can reserve them for either park, no matter which park you are in at the time. If you are in line at Space Mountain and you want to make a Fastpass reservation for Radiator Springs Racers, no problem. As long as those Fastpasses are available you can get them. Keep in mind that the Fastpasses from the MaxPass are pulling from the same pool as the normal Fastpass system so availability can run out.
3. When you are ready to redeem your Fastpass, it’s easy! You have two options when it
comes to redeeming your Fastpass. You can either scan your phone which connects everyone in
your party’s Fastpasses, or you can each scan your park ticket like you would a normal Fastpass.
Whichever way you choose, it is super simple!
4. We’re guessing you have figured this out by now, but you need a smartphone when
using MaxPass. Your Disneyland app also needs to be totally updated in order for it to work
properly. If not everyone in your party has a phone/smartphone, no worries! Like mentioned
previously, you can connect all your Fastpasses to one phone, so one person in your party can
be in charge. You can also use this feature for the digital Fastpass system if you scan your ticket
into the app.
It is important to mention that you definitely don’t need to use MaxPass every day you are in the park. We recommend using it the first day you are in the parks to experience all your favorite rides that offer Fastpasses. And, during this first day take all the PhotoPass pictures you can for your download! Not only will it save you money using it for just one day during your trip, but you will still get all the perks. The new digital Fastpass system is really easy to navigate and just as great as Fastpasses have been in the past. We are so excited for the MaxPass and can’t wait to try it out at the parks! When you decide to head to the park, book your Disneyland package with Get Away Today. They have discount Disneyland tickets and reduced hotel rates making your trip not only magical but affordable. Plus, you can use promo code ThriftyNW for an additional $10 off your vacation package. That’s the cost of using one full day of MaxPass! Give their agents a call at 855-GET- AWAY or go online to getawaytoday.com to book your package. Happy travels!
Be sure to check out our Disneyland Deals page too, for LOTS of tips on how to save the most on a Disneyland Trip!
- All Disneyland Deals here
- Disneyland Ticket Discounts – How to Save On Getting Into the Parks!
- Hotels and Disneyland – How to Save On Your Disneyland Stay! (Plus Current Hotel Deals)
- Southern California Attraction Discounts – Universal Studios, Legoland, Knott’s Berry Farm & more!
- Disneyland Halloween Tips: 10 Things to Know About Halloween at Disneyland 2016