Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Valpak and Checks in the Mail; however, all opinions and thoughts are my own.
As we enter the very busy holiday shopping season, this is a time of year that is often difficult for many to stay within our budget and not overspend. Part of this is because we’re not keeping track as well of all of our purchases and where we’re spending our money, as we’re doing quite a bit more shopping than we normally do and trying to run from one store to the next to pick up items for each person on our list.
When using a debit or credit card for all your purchases in stores, it is really easy to forget to write down all your transactions that day as you can just swipe your card and go. The convenience is nice; however, I’ve found that I really struggle with keeping track of all my spending when I’m solely relying on using my debit card in the stores.
For me, using cash or writing out a check, helps me to keep my spending in check much easier. When I use cash & bring it in cash envelopes, I can see how much money I have left within my budget to determine whether I really need to spend that extra money. When I write out a check at a store, it’s just an easy, quick step to also fill out the check register to track where all that money is going, so I don’t get to the end of the day or week and wonder where all of the money I had budgeted has gone. Even better, if you use a check register AND always make sure to order duplicate checks, that’s one more system in place to make sure that you are tracking everything you’re spending when you write a check. I know it may be more expensive to order the checks with duplicates, but I always make sure all of our checks have duplicates for that extra tracking – makes it so much easier to balance your bank statement at the end of the month.
If you are needing to buy some new checks, Checks in the Mail has several offers you can take advantage of right now:
- New Customers: 50% off your entire purchase + FREE shipping. Just use the coupon code: BESTOFFER
- All Customers: 35% off your order + FREE ship when you use the coupon code: SAVINGEXP35 at checkout
- All Customers: Buy One Box, Get 2nd box for 1 cent – Use coupon code: BOGO1 at checkout
*Only 1 discount per order, but try out the different codes to see which way will save you the most!
Now, if you’d like the opportunity to earn some extra money to help with all of the extra holiday expenses, check out these ways to win from Valpak & Checks in the Mail! There are several ways to win!
- Make sure you open your Valpak envelope this month! Valpak and Checks in the Mail have teamed up to give away $100 checks in blue envelopes all over the country. Open yours today!
- Enter the Giveaway Below on our Site: If you don’t receive a blue envelope in your mailbox every month, you can enter to win $100 below
- Visit Valpak.com to enter to win $5000 – this would really be an awesome way to kick off your holiday season, wouldn’t it? :)
If you’re entering here on our blog, just fill out the box below with your name and email address (you do not need to leave a comment on the blog post). We will not announce the winners on our blog, but you will be contacted by Checks in the Mail if you are a winner.
Ten winners will each win $100 from Checks in the Mail. Only one winner per email address. Giveaway ends November 22, 2013. By submitting your email address you are agreeing to share that email with Checks in the Mail.