We are really excited to announce that we will be participating in the Third Annual Couponing For Community 2012 Food Drive, and we want to invite all Thrifty NW Mom readers to participate with us.
Couponing for Community (C4C) is a nation wide event whose purpose is to mobilize all couponers to come together and see what kind of impact we can make, when we work together. This years event will run May 6 – 12. We recognize that many of you give back all year long. This is another opportunity to work together in our giving, and see how big the impact can be when couponers collectively work together for a worthy cause!
Some details on this event:
- We will be tracking our giving for the week of May 6-12, but we like to encourage folks to continue to give beyond that if your able.
- This years giving goal is to donate 30,000 items to Food Banks, and other places, across the US. Last years C4C event brought in 26,639 donations, so we hope to do even more this year!
- You can participate by giving to Food Banks, Shelters, friends in need, or where ever there is food needed. On Thrifty NW Mom, we will be providing you some of our favorite local spots to give, but you are welcome to give where ever needed, and share your favorite places to give too.
- To start off you can visit our BIG list of Pacific Northwest Food Banks to get some inspiration on where you want to give. We will continue to highlight giving opportunities over the next few weeks leading up to the week of the event.
Some ways you can participate:
- You can start by ‘liking’ the Couponing for Community Facebook page to stay connected and up to date on the event!
- You can also follow Thrifty NW Mom on Facebook. We will post coupon deals available in the Pacific Northwest for free or close to free, so couponers of all budgets can grab some items and participate this year. You can also share your creative ideas on how to collect or donate items here.
- Get the whole family involved. Kids love to be involved in something big like this, and are great helpers when collecting and delivering the donations.
- May 12 is National Stamp Out Hunger day, so you can leave a bag of non-perishable items by your mailbox, and your mail carrier will pick your donation up for you.
- Once you have made your donations, please visit the C4C Facebook page during the week of May 6-12, and share your story and/or pictures there. This is how we will track the donations that we have all made collectively.