My blogger pal, Shelly, over at Chic Crafty Chick is having a Cookie Blog Carnival this week, where different bloggers are featuring cookie recipes on their blogs all week long. It’s like a Cookie Exchange you might be doing with friends or neighbors- but this one’s happening between blogs! So, head on over to Chic Crafty Chick to check out all the links to some yummy cookie recipes–and she even has some fun giveaways, too.
It’s my turn to share a recipe today and I’m going to share a recipe for Molasses Sugar Cookies! I love Molasses cookies, so I was excited to find this recipe awhile ago on Allrecipes. It’s absolutely delicious! I think it would make a great recipe to share at a Cookie Exchange. My daughter and I were going to make these today, but got a little sidetracked & didn’t have all the ingredients –so we’ll be making them tomorrow and I’ll update with our pictures.
Molasses Sugar Cookies
-1 1/2 cups shortening
-2 cups sugar
-1/2 cup molasses
-4 cups all-purpose flour
-4 tsp baking soda
-2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 tsp ground cloves
-1 tsp ground ginger
-1 tsp salt
1. Melt the shortening in a large pan on the stove and cool.
2. Add sugar, eggs, and molasses in a bowl and beat well.
3. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and add in the pan.
4. Mix well and chill for 3 hours or overnight for best results. (although I’ve done this w/o chilling before and it turned out fine)
5. Form into walnut-size balls. Then roll in granulated sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes
7. Keep them in an airtight container and they can stay fresh for quite a long time.
Let me know if you try these – they are so moist and delicious! Yum! And make sure to head over to Chic Crafty Chick to check out the other bloggers and their cookie recipes, too. And you’ll want to check out the fun prizes she’s giving away, too.
Here’s how her giveaways work – you can leave a comment on this post here at Thrifty NW Mom as one entry method and then make sure to go over to Chic Crafty Chick to let her know you commented here. Check out the other entry methods, too.
There are 3 separate giveaways: an ELF (Eyes, lips, face) Cosmetics Gift Set, a free pack of Huggies & Walmart Gift Card, and baking supplies from Wilton.
I’d love to hear all of your favorite holiday cookie recipes, too!! Feel free to leave a comment with a link to your blog if you have a cookie recipe to share!! Or you can leave a recipe in the comments, too!