Vista Print has a great deal going on right now – you can buy 250 business cards for $1.99 shipping/handling and you will receive an additional 250 business cards for free!! I’m going to try it now, so I’ll let you know how it works!! I am on their mailing list, and I have to say that I’m ALWAYS getting offers for free stuff from this company–they have a lot of great freebies, so I’m excited to finally have time to take advantage of a great deal!
For those of you wondering why you would *need* business cards, here are a few ideas for you::
- Are you a consultant for a home party business, such as Pampered Chef, Home Interiors, etc – this is a great way to get the word out about your business & hopefully get some new people interested in having a party? Hand out stacks of cards to family and friends so they can pass them along to their friends/acquaintances/strangers…you just never know what will come up in a conversation.
- Are you just starting up a home business and want to get the word out about your services (whether it be photography, children’s parties, cake making business, cleaning services, tutoring, etc)? Oftentimes, small, local businesses will help advertise for you, by keeping a stack of your business cards at their checkout counters….I’m always one to browse these and pick some up!
- Do you have a teenager who is wanting to be a babysitter – pass out the cards to friends with little kids at church, work, etc? As a parent of young kids, it would be nice to have a little business card for babysitters that you could put up on a bulletin board or keep in a planner.
- Mom intro cards (not sure what to call this one) – I stay active in attending various playdates/activities with my kids and go to MOPS meetings and this would be so helpful to have to hand out to moms I meet. You could have your name, phone number, email address and your kids names and maybe even a picture of the three of you or just your kids. I know I’m horrible with names when I first meet someone, so it would help to have that little card reminding me of their names and contact information, in case I’d like to call them up sometime to set up a playdate.
- Do you have an ebay business? You can make up cards with your ebay store or your ebay ID number to hand out to friends/acquaintances, strangers…you just never know who might be interested!
- Contact cards: A way to keep in touch with family & friends – You could have your address, phone numbers, and even information about whether you have a family blog/website where family & friends can view pictures/keep up to date on your lives! At a recent function I was at, I saw some longtime friends and it would have been a great opportunity to give them a card so we could keep in touch! Thankfully I did find one long-lost friend on Facebook, so we can now keep in touch…but that’s sometimes difficult if you don’t know their married names, etc.
- Along the same lines, you could slip a “contact card” in with your Christmas cards every year (or birth announcements, etc). When I sent out birth announcements, I wrote our family blog info on the back of some of the cards, but it was a time-consuming task–would have been much easier if I could have just slipped in a card! How fun to add a picture, too!
**And if you really don’t have a need, at this price, you could just create some cards and use them for drawings at restaurants where you can leave your business card and possibly win a free lunch/dinner, etc! :)