Meat Lasagna Recipe
Meat Lasagna is a wonderful family favorite (in fact, it’s my husband’s absolute favorite dish – he could eat it multiple times a week and be happy). However, it can be a time-consuming recipe that’s not always the easiest to make during the busy work/school week. With a little help from store bought sauce and no-boil noodles, this recipe couldn’t be simpler, though. This dish is easy to customize to your family’s tastes, too.
For instance, you could:
- Substitute the ricotta cheese for cottage cheese for a leaner dish
- Substitute ground sausage or pork instead of the beef
-Substitute veggies (zucchini, squash, etc) for the meat to make it a vegetarian lasagna
No matter how you prepare it, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (24oz) jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 container (16oz) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package no boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the onions over medium heat until they start to turn clear.
- Add the garlic and cook for just a minute, taking care not to burn it.
- Add the ground beef and turn the heat up to medium-high. Season the beef with the basil, salt and pepper.
- Once the beef is browned, drain the grease off.
- Add the beef and the tomato sauce to the skillet and simmer on low while you prepare the ricotta mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- Spoon a little of the meat sauce into the bottom of a rectangle baking pan.
- Add the first layer of noodles, top with the ricotta cheese mixture, followed by more meat sauce, and a sprinkle of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers until the pan is full.
- Bake 30-minutes until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese melted.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Find more easy dinner recipes::
- Whole Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- Take Out Style Teriyaki Chicken
- Quick Dinner Ideas – Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken
- Taco Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Apricot Pork Chops or Chicken – Slow Cooker or Baked
- Slow Cooker Ham Soup
- Honey Spiced Glazed Pork Chops
- Zuppa Toscana Soup – Olive Garden Style
- Calzone Recipe for Freezer Meals
- Freezer Meal Recipes and Tips & Tricks for Freezer Meal Cooking
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pies
- Chicken Corn Chowder
Don’t forget to check out our recipe database with all of our favorite recipes we’ve shared here at Thrifty NW Mom.