The Puyallup Spring Fair starts April 19th and runs through April 22nd. Its a one week fair, similar to the regular fair, only scaled back a little. To be honest my family prefers the Spring Fair. With young kids especially, its a great alternative. There is still plenty to do and explore, but the crowds are somewhat smaller (at least they have been in past years) and so we are able to enjoy the fair at a pace that is more comfortable to us.
Update – I just learned that there will also be FREE Parking at the Spring Fair!
There are lots of opportunities to save at this years (2012) Spring Fair:
- Kids 5 and Under are always FREE
BECU Kids Free Day:
Kids (0-18) get in FREE on opening day – Thursday April 19th from 2pm – 10pm. They recommend that you bring a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Puyallup Food Bank.
BECU member discounts (if you order your tickets online):
- Adult Admission – $5.50 (regular price is $9.00)
- Student Admission - $5 (regular price $7.00)
- Monster Truck Show (Fri, 4/20) – 2 adult tickets for $30 (regular price is $23.00 each)
- Slamfest Demolition Derby (Sat, 4/21) – 2 adult tickets for $30 (regular price is $21.00 each)
- Slamfest Demolition Derby (Sun, 4/22) – 2 adult tickets for $30 (regular price is $21.00 each)
- Get 120 Ride Tickets for $50 (Regular Price $60)
(You need to check your BECU Newsletter for details on how to get these rates)
Military Appreciation Day – Friday April 20th:
Military members gate admission is FREE to all active, retired and reserve military and their dependents, plus disabled veterans with a valid military ID at any Fair gate on Friday, April 20.
Fred Meyer for discount prices (buy tickets ahead of time):
- Adult tickets are $7.50
- Student Tickets are $5.50
Kiro 7 Discounts:
Kiro 7 is offering a bundle deal if you are interested in the Monster Truck show. Get two tickets to Fair and seats the Monster Truck show for $23.
Free Fair Entertainment:
Once you pay admission, there are lots of FREE activities at the Spring Fair. You can find a full list of Free Fair Entertainment here, kids 12 and under can get their face painted for free in the KidZone, and much more. Pack a picnic and grab a cheap Fisher scone to save on food expense, and you can really enjoy some budget friendly family time.