Now that it’s November, it’s time to start thinking about the Christmas season & all of the fun holiday events that are beginning this month. We are teaming up once again with Angela from Frugal Living NW and Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a roundup of Christmas events, popular craft & gift bazaars and Christmas tree farms around the Northwest!
If you see an event or Christmas tree farm that we missed, leave a comment & I’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Washington (from Whatcom County to Centralia/Chehalis Area)
- Frugal Living NW - Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Happy Moneysaver – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms for Eastern Washington and Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best free or frugal ($5 or less) family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Friday morning! Check out the full list of fun & frugal family events from previous weeks.
- Emerald Downs Holiday Gift Festival – Auburn, WA – November 10th & 11th; admission is free with a canned food donation for non-perishable food donation (otherwise $3/admission & $17/younger free), free parking
- Pickering Barn Pre-Thanksgiving Harvest Market – Issaquah, WA – November 16th & 17th
- Best of the Northwest Fall Art & Fine Craft Show – Seattle, WA – November 16th – 18th
- Enumclaw Festival of Crafts and Gifts- Enumclaw, WA – November 16th – 18th
- Fine Art & Holiday Gift Fair – Seattle, WA – November 16th – 18th
- Etsy Rain Handmade Holiday Show - Seattle – November 23rd and 24th
- Bellevue Hilltop Holiday Craft Show – Bellevue, WA – November 27th through December 1st
- Winter Festival and Crafts Fair – Seattle, WA – December 1st and 2nd
- Mill Creek Lions Club Holiday Bazaar – Everett, WA – November 17th
- Holiday Festival of the Arts – Bellingham, WA – November 16th through December 26th
- Dickins Fair - Lake Stevens, December 1st; admission free with canned food or monetary donation to food bank
- Delightfully Sweet Handmade Holiday Boutique - Puyallup, WA – November 10th & 11th
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Bazaar – Dupont, WA – November 19th
- Thurston County Fair Holiday Bazaar – Lacey, WA – November 23rd and November 24th – FREE Admission
- Winterfest Arts & Crafts Fair– Gig Harbor, WA – November 24th & 25th
- Fox Island Holiday Gift Bazaar – Fox Island, WA – December 8th
- Joy to the World: Christmas Bazaar - Puyallup, WA – December 14th – 1 – 8pm
- Central Kitsap Harvest & Holiday Craft Fair – Silverdale, WA – November 10th; Admission $3
- Holiday Gift and Food Fair – Bremerton, WA – November 16th – 18th; $5 admission for adults ($4 seniors/teens). Bring a new toy for free admission or bring a can of food for $1 off admission.
- Holiday Craft Sale – Port Townsend, WA – November 23rd & 24th
- Winter Fanta-Sea Crafts Festival – Ocean Shores, WA – November 23rd – 25th – FREE Admission
- Molbak’s Festival of Poinsettias - Woodinville, Starts November 10th – December 24th; 14 foot high poinsettia tree, more than 25 varieties of poinsettias, themed Christmas trees & more.
- Swanson’s Reindeer Festival - Seattle (Ballard area); November 10th – December 24th; Visit with 2 reindeer, a camel & a miniature donkey; miniature holiday train setup
- Yulefest – Seattle, WA – November 17th & 18th
- Festival of Trees - Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle; November 17th – 28th; Free admission
- Gingerbread Village - Sheraton Hotel in Seattle, November 2oth – January 1st; Open 24 hours/day, 7 days/wk; FREE admission
- Downtown Macy’s Holiday Parade - Seattle – November 23rd, begins at 9am
- Downtown lighting of Christmas Tree & Macy’s Star – Seattle, November 23rd, 5pm
- Winterfest - Seattle Center, Seattle – November 23rd – December 31st (with ice rink open thru 1/1/12); Free family activities & entertainment
- Snowflake Lane – Bellevue, November 23rd – December 24th at 7pm every night (changes to Celebration Lane from Dec 26th – December 31st), FREE -nightly display of lights, music, drumming by toy soldiers & much more. (We have gone the last few years & my girls just love it – and so do we!)
- Garden D’Lights – Bellevue Botanical Gardens – November 24th – December 31st; 5pm – 10pm; $5/admission or 10 & younger – Free; There are a number of FREE nights – make sure to check the schedule
- Christmas Ship Festival - Seattle; November 24th – December 23rd; the Argosy ship & other boats travel to 45 communities with choirs on board, broadcasting their carols over loud speakers so that those on shore can hear.
- The Great Figgy Pudding Street Corner Caroling Competition - Seattle (Westlake Center), December 7th from 5 – 8:30pm; 40+ caroling teams
- Journey to Bethlehem Living Nativity – Auburn; December 6th – 9th; We went to this last year & this was the highlight of our Christmas activities – our girls loved it! Very well-done!
- Candy Cane Lane - Seattle – December 8th – January 1st from 4pm – 11pm daily
- New Years Eve at the Space Needle - Seattle – December 31st
- Lights of Christmas - Warm Beach/Stanwood; open 20 nights during the month of December (see website for full listing); Starts November 29th – December 29th
- Christmas Tree Lighting & Santa’s Arrival - Country Village Shops, Bothell; December 1st at 8pm (although there will be earlier activities); train rides, free hot roasted chestnuts & more
South Sound / Peninsula / Coast:
- Fantasy Lights - Spanaway – Sunday November 18th from 5-7pm; $3/person or $9 for family of 4 if you pre-buy tickets – you can walk thru the light display (rather than driving); afterwards Fantasy Lights is open from November 22nd – January 1, 2012 from 5:30pm – 9 pm. Will operate every night including Christmas & New Years.
- Old Cannery Bridge Lighting - November 23rd – 5pm for Bridge Lighting & then fireworks; Sleigh rides on weekends in December (stay tuned to their website for more current info) & Santa pictures
- Zoolights – Point Defiance Zoo, Tacoma – November 23rd – January 1st; 5pm – 9pm; Open every night except 12/24. Admission is $7.25/person online or at Fred Meyer ($8.50/gate). Zoo members will get in for $4.25/person
- A Victorian Country Christmas – Puyallup, WA – November 28th through December 2nd
- Tidefest – Gig Harbor, WA – December 1st & 2nd
- Living Nativity - Gig Harbor, WA at Discovery Baptist Church – December 1st & 2nd; over 200 cast members plus live animals. (I’ve heard from friends that this is an amazing live nativity event! Definitely something we’ll be putting on our calendar this year!)
- Christmas Tree Lighting - Lakewood, WA; December 7th – 4 -7 pm – crafts, kids parade, entertainment & more
CHRISTMAS TREE FARMS:
If you don’t see your favorite Christmas tree farm listed, make sure to check out the Puget Sound Christmas Tree Association list, too.
- Red-Wood Christmas Tree Farm – Redmond, WA – It doesn’t have their website updated yet with new 2012 dates; Daily 10 am to 8 pm
- Serres Farm – Redmond, WA – Open November 23rd through December 24th; Weekends 9 am to 5 pm; Weekdays 2 pm to 5 pm
- Ronnei Christmas Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – Open November 23rd ; Weekdays 10 am to 4 pm; Weekends 9 am to 4 pm
- Mountain Creek Christmas Tree Farm – Snoqualmie, WA – Open November 16th through December 24th; Daily 9:30 am to 5 pm
- Crown Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Open November 17th; 9 am to Dusk
- Keith and Scott Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Open November 23rd; Saturdays and Sundays Only 8 am to Dusk (expect Friday after Thanksgiving)
- Trinity Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Open November 23rd through December 18th; Mon-Fri 10 am to 6 pm; Sat-Sun 8 am to 6 pm
- Crystal Creek – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 23rd; 9 am to Dusk
- Papa’s Tree Farm – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 23rd (haven’t updated their website for this year yet though); Mon-Fri 10 am to Dusk; Sat-Sun 9 am to Dusk
- Three Tree Farms – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 23rd; Thur-Sun 9 am to Dusk
- Pfaff’s Christmas Tree Farm – Auburn, WA – Open November 23rd through December 24th; Weekends 9 am to 6:30 pm; Weekdays 10 am to 6:30 pm
- Tinseltown Tree Farm – Pacific, WA – Open November 23rd through December 18th; Fri-Sun 9 am to 5 pm
- Carnation Tree Farm – Carnation, WA
- Christmas Creek Tree Farm – North Bend, WA
- Enchanted Winds Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA
- Alpine Meadows Christmas Tree Farm – Deming, WA – Open November 23rd; 9 am to Dark
- Big Lake Trees – Mount Vernon, WA – Open November 23rd through December 20th – Weekdays 10 am to 4:30 pm; Weekends 9 am to 4:30 pm
- Pilchuck Secret Valley Christmas Tree Farm – Arlington, WA – Open November 17th through December 22nd – Daily 9 am to 4 pm
- Lochsloy Acres Christmas Tree Farm – Lake Stevens, WA – Open November 23rd through December 18th (start reserving your tree as early as 11/3)– Weekends 9 am to 4:30 pm; Weekdays (Closed Tuesday) 11 am to 4:30 pm
- Stocker Farms – Snohomish, WA – Open November 23rd through Mid December; Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm
- Lervik’s Christmas Tree Farm – Granite Falls, WA – Open November 23rd; Fri-Sun 10 am to 4 pm
South Sound / Peninsula:
- Riverlook Farm’s Red Barn Tree Farm - 119th & Highway 162, Puyallup ; Opens November 23rd (I can’t find current hours – the website info is old). Train ride out to the fields. This is one of the most popular tree farms in the Pierce County area. We’ve gone to it for quite a few years & love it there, but it does get very, very busy on weekends.
- Snowshoe Evergreen Tree Farm - 10716 State Route 162 East, Puyallup; Opens November 23rd.
- Double 4 Tree Farm – Tacoma, WA – Open November 23rd – December 16th; Tue-Fri 12 pm to 4 pm; Weekends 9 am to 4 pm
- Hillside Tree Farm – Sumner, WA – Open November 23rd ; Sat-Sun 9 am to 4 pm; Weekdays 12 pm to 4 pm
- Ohop Ridge Tree Farm – Eatonville, WA – Open November 23rd through December 16th; Weekends Only 10 am to Dusk
- Holiday Christmas Trees – Eatonville, WA – Opens November 23rd through December 16th; Fri-Sun 9 am to Dusk
- Hunter’s Christmas Tree Farm - Lacey/Yelm area; 7401 Yelm Hwy. SE; Opens November 23rd – 10am – 6pm weekdays; 9am -6pm weekends; Yule tree wagons to take you to the fields, free hot chocolate/coffee, reindeer, Santa visits on the first 3 weekends
- Henry’s Tree Farm – Poulsbo, WA – Weekdays 10 am to 4:30 pm; Weekends 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Five Springs Tree Farm – Olalla, WA – 9 am to 5 pm (no 2012 updated info yet)