Father’s Day is coming up this weekend, so we’ve found all the best discounts & deals you’ll find available to celebrate that special dad in your life! Let us know if we’ve missed any deals that you’re aware of & we’ll add them to our list!
We also thought we’d share some interesting results from a recent poll done by Retail Me Not, a site that features coupon codes & discounts for online businesses:
- Over one-third (36%) of dads say a tie, followed by a t-shirt that says “#1 Dad” or “World’s Best Dad” (33%) is what they least hope to get for Father’s Day.
- For the 35% of dads who want a gift that costs money, gift cards (13%) and tech gadgets or electronics (8%) top the list.
- Nearly half (46%) of all adults surveyed say they typically spend nothing on a Father’s Day gift for their dad, however 40% of respondents plan to spend up to $50.
- 81% of respondents feel that Mother’s Day and Father’s Day should be celebrated equally, however over three-quarters (77%) of both men and women believe mothers receive more attention or celebration on Mother’s Day than dads do on Father’s Day.
- While 73% of moms surveyed said they wanted a gift for Mother’s Day, most dads surveyed are hoping for quality time with the family (dinner, grilling, outing) for Father’s Day (40%) and aren’t hoping for any gifts (22%).
- Six in ten dads (60%) do not expect their wife or significant other to get them a gift for Father’s Day.
*These are some of the findings of an Ipsos poll conducted May 14–17, 2012. For the survey, national samples of 1,005 adults aged 18 and older from Ipsos’ U.S. online panel were interviewed online, including 282 fathers of a child of any age. (Credit: Retail Me Not)
Maybe those survey results will affect what you’re thinking of doing or buying for the dad in your life! :)
Burgerville - Free dessert for dad on Father’s Day; also, get a coupon for a FREE Tillamook cheeseburger for every $20 gift card you purchase from Burgerville.
Chevy’s Tex Mex – Free pint of Fire Roasted Salsa for Dads on Father’s day only
Denny’s - Send dad an e-card & you’ll both get a coupon for a FREE Pancake Puppies sundae
Farrelli’s Pizza - Dads half of a 12″ or 16″ pizza is free (so basically 1/2 price pizza) – this was an email offer I received
Ikea – Treat Dad to a FREE breakfast and coffee on Father’s Day, June 17.
TCBY – Giving dad a FREE scoop on Father’s Day, June 19. No coupon necessary.
Free admission to Silverwood Theme Park & 2 for 1 tickets- free admission for dad & 2 for 1 admission (only 1 dad free admission per family). Saturday June 16th & Sunday June 17th
Free Ride on the Snoqualmie Valley Railroad – Snoqualmie, WA; Dads ride free with a paying child on either Saturday June 16th or Sunday June 17th.
Free admission for dads at the Seattle Bug Safari - Dads will get free admission all weekend – Friday 6/15 -Sunday 6/17 with a child’s paid admission (limit of 1 free admission for dad with child paid admission)
Free admission for dads at the Museum of Flight - Seattle, WA; Dads will get free admission on Sunday June 17th from 10am – 5pm
Kids camp for free at KOA campgrounds Father’s day weekend – Head to a participating KOA campground on Father’s Day weekend (Fri June 15th – Sun June 17th) & kids can camp for free (up to 7 kids). Not valid with other discounts.
Free admission for dads at the Children’s Museum of Seattle - Dads will get in free at the Children’s Museum (1 free admission per family) on Sunday June 17th
Free admission for dads at the Hands On Children’s Museum – Olympia, WA. Dads & grandpas will get FREE admission on Sunday June 17th. Plus there’s an opportunity for kids to make a special craft for dad between 12:30 & 3:30pm.
Free admission to Woodland Park Zoo for anyone with a mohawk haircut - On Father’s Day, Woodland Park Zoo is offering FREE admission to anyone who has a mohawk haircut or willing to get a mohawk or buzz cut hair cut (with a free haircut to accomplish the new haircut).
Decorate a cake or make a crown for dad at Fred Meyer - Saturday June 16th; Buy a cake or cookies and then they will have all the decorations for your kids to decorate (my kids did this for me at Mother’s Day last year & they were so proud to make me something). This is from 11am – 4pm. Make a crown for dad from 11am – 2pm. For kids 10 & under with an adult
Decorate a cake for dad at Winco – Kids can decorate a cake for dad for $3.98 on Friday June 15th and Saturday June 16th between 10am and 6pm. This is available in the Bakery department. Available at participating locations (not available at Independence, OR or Bremerton, WA locations).
Michael’s Craft Ideas for Dad – On Friday June 15th, kids can make a FREE duct-tape wallet for dad from 6pm-8pm. And on Saturday June 16th from 10am – 12pm, they can decorate a t-shirt or tie for dad with purchase of a tie/t-shirt
Car Show at Country Village – Bothell, WA – There will be a car show from 12-3pm on Sunday June 17th for dads & their families
Free t-shirt for dads at Bellingham United soccer game - The first 100 dads to the Bellingham United FC vs Poco City FC game on Sunday at
- Applebee’s – Purchase $50 or more in gift cards and receive a $10 Bonus Card. Offer ends 6/24/12.
- Outback - Buy $50 in gift cards & receive a $10 bonus gift card.
- Albertson’s - Buy $100 in participating gift cards & receive a $20 Albertson’s catalina to use on a future transaction.
- Safeway - Buy $50 in participating gift cards & receive a $10 Safeway catalina to use on a future transaction.