The Washington State Spring Fair starts tomorrow, Thursday April 14th and runs through April 17th. It’s a 4-day fair, similar to the regular fall state fair, only scaled back a little.
Opening Day is always a great day to go, as they offer free admission for all youth. All kids ages 0-18 get FREE admission on Thursday 4/14 at any any Fair gate (with non-perishable food donation)! No coupon required. The Fair opens at 2pm on the first day to kick off the spring fair!
To be honest, my family prefers the Spring Fair. With young kids especially, it’s a great alternative. There is still plenty to do and explore, but the crowds are somewhat smaller (at least they have been in past years) and so we are able to enjoy the fair at a pace that is more comfortable to us.
This year there are MANY free things available for the kids to enjoy (the whole family too). Here are a list of some of the best freebies you can expect to find at this years Spring Fair::
- FREE Parking at the Spring Fair! (I love this one, as it makes it convenient to get there)
- TotSpot area – Free activities including indoor play activities for younger kids, like Ag-Ventureland, the interactive Let’s Pretend Show, and FREE face painting for kids 12 and under!
- FREE KidZone (including Free Face Painting for Kids 12 and under) & great exhibits. You can view the activity schedule for Kid Zone here.
- Free Live Stingray Encounter – kids can touch & see stingrays in the Outdoor Adventure exhibit
- Free Face Painting for kids 12 & under – Head to SillyVille Train station for free face painting
- Interactive Cooking Show for Kids – with Celebrity Chef Dianne Linderman
- Fireworks Show – on Friday & Saturday nights at 9pm pst
- Free Entertainment! There are many free entertainment options including Pig Races, a Mother Goose Magic show, a and more!
One of the free entertainment options is called Kids Pretend. This is a small stage over near Kiddyland. There is a tent set up with plenty of dress up costumes and a small set. My kids did this last year and it was a great break time. My husband and I were able to sit in a covered area while the kids played and played. They then got to put on a small show for us, and it was one of the highlights of our trip. When we visited, this area was not crowded at all (which was part of what was so nice about it). That may be different this year, but its still a great stop for those with young children.
Ways to Save at the Spring Fair::
Make sure to check out this page on the Spring Fair site for all the details on these deals!
- Kids 5 and Under are always FREE
Kids Free Day:
Kids (0-18) get in FREE on opening day – Thursday April 14th from 2pm – 10pm. They recommend that you bring a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Puyallup Food Bank.
Military Appreciation Day – Friday April 15th:
Military members gate admission is FREE on Friday, April 15th.
Who Qualifies:: All active, reserve, and retired military and National Guard and their dependents, plus disabled veterans receive FREE gate admission on Friday, April 19 with valid military ID at any Fair gate.
Fred Meyer or Safeway or Online at the WA State Spring Fair website or South Hill Mall, for discount prices (buy tickets ahead of time):
*You must purchase these discount tickets by today, 4/13/16!
- Adult tickets are $7.50 (reg $10)
- Student Tickets are $6.50 (reg $8)
This is a family discount pack with tickets (2 adults & 2 kids ages 6-18) for $68 (reg $96) plus rides. This is only available online through today, Wednesday April 13th, 2016.
Here’s what it includes::
- 2 adult tickets for Spring Fair
- 2 student tickets (ages 6-18) for Spring Fair (kids 5 & under are free)
- Ride & Game FunCard with 120 tickets. Ride tickets are valid on any Funtastic Midway or Sillyville ride or game. (not valid on Adventure Zone rides)
You will get 120 tickets for $50 (reg $60) by buying this package & you’ll save 17% . These are valid any day of the WA State Spring Fair. The ride tickets are valid on any Funtastic Midway or SillyVille ride or game, but not on Adventure Zone rides. Rides & games require more than 1 ticket (typically each ride requires 7-12 tickets).
If you’re headed to the MotorSports Mayhem shows on Friday , Saturday or Sunday, make sure to purchase your discount tickets online by Thursday April 14, 2016, to save up to $5 per ticket!
Ok, here is my all time favorite money saving tip for the Puyallup Fair….Splurge on a scone. For under $2 (at least in year’s past), you can get a real treat – and trust me, that is a bargain when it comes to food and the fair!