Blue Star Museums is once again are offering free admission to museums across the country, to active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day. There are some good participating museums in the Northwest, such as Museum of Flight in Seattle and a Children’s Museum on Bainbridge. Find participating museums by State.
Here are the participating NW museums:
- Seattle Art Museum, Seattle
- Kids Discovery Museum, Bainbridge Is
- Kids Quest Children’s Museum, Bellevue
- Children’s Museum of Tacoma, Tacoma
- Museum of Glass, Tacoma
- Buffalo Soldiers Museum, Tacoma
- Tacoma Art Museum, Tacoma
- Portland Children’s Museum, Portland
- Portland Art Museum, Portland
- High Desert Museum, Bend
- Science Works Hands on Museum, Ashland
- Science Factory & Children’s Museum & Exploration Dome, Eugene
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, The Dalles
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,000 museums across America to offer free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel including National Guard and Reserve and their families.
The free admission program is available to any bearer of a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), a DD Form 1173 ID card, or a DD Form 1173-1 ID card, which includes active duty U.S. military – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard and Reserve, as well as members of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps – and up to five family members. A family member of active duty military may include a spouse or child, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.