Just a reminder that the Fair starts Today, and its the BECU FREE Day for kids!!!
The Washington State Spring Fair starts April 10th and runs through April 13th. It’s a 5-day fair, similar to the regular fair, only scaled back a little. To be honest, my family prefers the Spring Fair. With young kids especially, it’s a great alternative. There is still plenty to do and explore, but the crowds are somewhat smaller (at least they have been in past years) and so we are able to enjoy the fair at a pace that is more comfortable to us.
This year there are MANY free things available for the kids to enjoy (the whole family too). Here are a list of some of the best freebies you can expect to find at this years Spring Fair::
- FREE Parking at the Spring Fair! (I love this one, as it makes it convenient to get there)
- TotSpot area – Free activities including Thank a Farmer Magic Show, Let’s Pretend Show, & AG-Ventureland
- FREE KidZone (including Free Face Painting for Kids 12 and under) & Master Gardening exhibit. You can view the activity schedule for Kid Zone here.
- Brads World Reptile Show – Free activity; See, touch and learn about captive raised turtles, frogs, lizards, snakes and insects from the near and far places of our world. Science artifacts, nature videos, hatching snake eggs, parrots and even an alligator are included in this unique exhibit.
- MindWorks Hands On Interactive Exhibit - Free activity; this is new this year in the KidZone with 36 fun & interactive games, puzzles & construction zone activities
- Free Entertainment! There are many free entertainment options including Pig Races, a JR. Rodeo, a choir festival and more!
One of the free entertainment options is called Kids Pretend. This is a small stage over near Kiddyland. There is a tent set up with plenty of dress up costumes and a small set. My kids did this last year and it was a great break time. My husband and I were able to sit in a covered area while the kids played and played. They then got to put on a small show for us, and it was one of the highlights of our trip. When we visited, this area was not crowded at all (which was part of what was so nice about it). That may be different this year, but its still a great stop for those with young children.
There are also many opportunities to save on admission to this years (2014) Spring Fair:
- Kids 5 and Under are always FREE
BECU Kids Free Day:
Kids (0-18) get in FREE on opening day – Thursday April 10th from 2pm – 10pm. They recommend that you bring a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Puyallup Food Bank.
Plus Thursday, April 10, buy six rides for just $16 at any ride ticket booth. Includes all Funtastic ride and games.* No coupon necessary to redeem offer. You can ride the Extreme Scream all day Thurs for $7.50
*Not valid on the Classic Coaster, Rainier Rush and Extreme Scream rides.
Amazon Local offer (Best Deal available for rides and admission):
- $50 ($95 value) for two gate admissions to the Washington State Spring Fair and a Ride & Game FunCard with 150 ride and game tickets
- $95 ($165 value) for four gate admissions to the Washington State Spring Fair and a Ride & Game FunCard with 250 ride and game tickets
Military Appreciation Day – Friday April 11th:
Military members gate admission is FREE on Friday, April 11. Who qualifies:
All active, reserve, and retired military and National Guard and their dependents, plus disabled veterans receive FREE gate admission on Friday, April 19 with valid military ID at any Fair gate.
Fred Meyer or Safeway or Online for discount prices (buy tickets ahead of time – must purchase by 4/9):
- Adult tickets are $7.50
- Student Tickets are $5.50
Discount tickets include a Ride Saver Coupon to purchase any* 6 rides for $16, up to 30% savings!
- 2 adult and 2 student (ages 6-18) Spring Fair gate admissions
- plus a Ride & Game FunCard with 120 tickets
Ok, here is my all time favorite money saving tip for the Puyallup Fair….Splurge on a scone. For under $2 (at least in years past), you can get a real treat – and trust me, that is a bargain when it comes to food and the fair!